What do i need to know about moving pot plants interstate.
When moving plants interstate via a removalist there are several things you can do to ensure a smooth move
- Dont water them a few days prior to the move
- Trim them down to reduce space
- Clay pots with trays should have trays removed and packed in box
- Where possible, re-pot plants into non-breakable plastic containers
- Be prepared that some clay pots may break if full of soil and heavy
- Check any clay pots for signs of cracking and replace these with plastic pots for transport
- Check the quarantine restrictions if any on the state that you are moving to
There used to be a different website for each state, now it seem someone has decided it will be a good idea to put up one website for easy referral.
This is available via this link Check Quarantine